I’ve spent the better part of the last 20 years providing practical suggestions for how to connect with clients, grow business strategically and clarify brands and value propositions. One of the things I’ve learned along the way is to ask myself and others questions about what we do and how we choose to spend our time. These questions have become even more critical to me now that I am self employed.
Question all activities – be really accountable for the answers
- Why am I doing this?
- What am I intending the result to be from this activity?
- How will this contribute to my objectives today? Long term?
- Is this the best way to spend my time right now?
- What am I choosing not to do when I choose to spend time on this?
- Do I have all the information, tools and resources I need to maximise this activity (if not – where can I get them?)
- If I could only do 2 things today, what 2 things should I do?
and my personal favourite…
- If I were hiring me to perform this job, would I pay me to do this…?